Skysport UK's unique system - PPL Flight Training
Our lesson system for each training sortie comprises of a three to four hour multi-flight training session, comprising of about 2 hours flying and 2 hours of briefing and debriefings. The precise flying time depends on the nature of the air exercise, aptitude of each student and the type of lesson to be flown. In this time it is normal to have 2 or 3 flights per training session and the cost is based purely on the flight time not the ground briefings. This method dramatically steepens the learning curve.
We can train for the EASA-FCL Private Pilots License or the UK National Private Pilots License. The EASA course consists of 45 hours flight training, whilst the NPPL is only 32 hours of flight training.
The minimum age for holding a license is 16 years.
The medical requirements: To qualify for the grant of a medical certificate, the applicant must meet the Class 2 international standard for the EASA license or hold a Group 1 or 2 Drivers License medical for the UK NPPL. And yes, you can wear glasses.
Ground examinations - almost identical for both licenses, are:
- Aviation Law Aeroplanes
- General knowledge
- Principals of Flight Flight performance and Planning, Navigation, Meteorology and Operation Procedures
- Human Performance and limitations
- A Flight Radio Telephony Operators License is also required
The full flying syllabus includes a minimum flying experience as given above and includes:
- 5 hours solo cross country flying ( 4.5 hours for the NPPL )
- 2 hours stall and spin awareness (1.5 hours for the NPPL)
- a minimum of 10 hours must be flown solo pilot in command for both licenses.
All flight training is then concluded with a Skill Test for the respective license The substance of the test is similar but is structured differently. The main subject excluded from the NPPL is navigation by the means of radio aids, plus other subtle differences. The full nature of the license characteristics will be explained on application.
To calculate flight costs, please refer to the student Dual Training Rates on the flying rates page for the Beagle Pup 150 and set them against the hours to be flown for the respective license. Pilots Accounts can be arranged.
Finally we should like to point out that our Beagle Pup 150 aircraft are, in their class, probably the finest of all training aircraft. The controls are perfectly harmonised, the cockpits are wide and comfortable and the controls are ergonomically laid out . What is more the view is great and they cruise along at 108 knots. And Aerobatic too!
So far, all our students have passed their Skill Test first time.
Gain your Advanced Wings with SkysportUK
"ELITE" - ADVANCED FLIGHT TRAINING PROGRAMME
Our advanced flight training course is known as the "Elite - Advanced Training Programme". At your choice it has three applications; it can be utilised as a licence refresher course for established pilots as a Pre- Commercial / Instructor's general handling warm-up course or simply a means by which private pilots can polish up their aviation skills towards advanced/professional standards. Course subjects comprise of general handling techniques without the need for aerobatics. However, this programme may be re-structured to include either, VFR Navigation, Formation Flying or even Air Racing (see Specialist Alternatives below).
The Elite programme aims to embody safe reactions to all manoeuvres, whilst widening the spectrum of the normally accepted flight envelope. Emphasis centres on flight safety coupled with the attainment of instinctively precise and well coordinated handling skills at above average levels.
Successful graduation leads to the attainment of a certificate of competency at "Refresher " or "Elite" level, depending on the overall standard achieved. Refresher level is equivalent to PPL Skill Test Standard whilst the "Elite" level is equivalent to above average (near professional) standard.
"ELITE" GENERAL HANDLING COURSE ELEMENTS
- STALL AVOIDENCE & AWARENESS * Core Subject
- PRECISION CIRCUITS - Inc RUN AND BRAKE * Core Subject
- FORCED LANDINGS without power - INC SIDE SLIPS * Core Subject
- PRECAUTIONARY LANDINGS
- UNUSUAL ATTITUDE RECOVERY
- STEEP HIGH SPEED TURNS
- STEEP DESCENDING AND CLIMBING TURNS
- VARIABLE PITCH PROPELLER - DIFFERENCE TRAINING**
- The full course programme requires completion of FIVE of the above elements, three of which must be those shown as Core subjects
- VP Propeller Difference Training** is not regarded as a course Element, it is purely an optional extra.
SPECIALIST ALTERNATIVES - Pilots may choose any one of the following:
- VFR NAVIGATION
- FORMATION FLYING
- AIR RACING and
- The full course must include the three CORE ELEMENTS
- This training course is designed for Skysport UK Beagle Pup & Bulldog aircraft only.
- Full course notes and manuals will be provided
- Any single element of this course may be taken without the need to complete the entire Advanced Training Programme but unless taken with all the remaining required subjects it will not qualify for Elite Certification.
- The full Elite advanced course will require pilots to brief their instructor on at least TWO pre-chosen elements that they will fly, mentoring will be provided.
- Course Duration is dependant on the pilot's flight experience & currency etc. At least Twelve Hours flight time should be expected.
- Instructional fees will be charge at £230 per day or £40 per hour of briefing & flying. Club aircraft use will be charged at published at Bronze Plan solo hire rates.
This is a seriously satisfying course, successful completion of which will inject smooth precision into your hands and immense satisfaction into your heart. Strap on our Beagle Pup or Bulldog aircraft and become part of the aeroplane.